We often assume that less than intense exercise is a waste of time. But on the contrary, moderate exercise is excellent for health — and walking is an excellent form of moderate exercise. Walking is simple, natural and can be done alone for solitude or with friends for companionship.
Join Gray Caws over two Saturday’s where you’ll discover how the powerful combination of Chi Walking and The Oxygen Advantage breathing method will change your perception of exercise and could posible change your life!
- An overview of the basic biomechanics of walking
- Foot mobility exercises
- Work on optimal postural alignment, balance and relaxation for efficient, pain-free movement
- Address breathing pattern disorders in everyday life to reduce breathlessness during physical exercise, improve delivery of oxygen to organs and working muscles and help prevent exercise-induced asthma
- Improve concentration, focus and quality of sleep through mindful moving meditation
- Safely improve cardiovascular fitness using steps and hills
- Help maintain fitness during rest or injury
- Outdoor practice on different surfaces and terrain
Chi Walking teaches optimal alignment, balance and structural efficiency alongside the often neglected mindful aspects of walking, helping you to get away from the demanding routines of daily life – a nice plus for mental health.
The Oxygen Advantage
The Oxygen Advantage is a scientifically-proven breathing method that improves delivery of oxygen to the working muscles, strengthens breathing muscles and can produce similar benefits of high-intensity interval training without undue stress and strain on the body.
Walk to be healthy, walk to be happy. Charles Dickens