Looking for some great advice and motivation to improve your health and fitness for 2018?
The key to an effective training programme that really delivers results is that it shouldn’t feel like a training programme. It should be something that you enjoy and adopt as part of your everyday life. Only then will you see the true benefits. Adventures in Movement personal training and coaching sessions focus on resistance training, strength and conditioning, Chi Running, Chi Walking, Oxygen Advantage breathing technique and kettlebell training.
Chi Running coaching
Chi Running improves your running efficiency and reduces the risk of injury by focusing on postural alignment, relaxation and balance. Combining principles from T’ai Chi and Qi gong, you’ll learn how to develop the skill of running and create a life-long enjoyable programme for fitness, health and general well-being.
Chi Running sessions include
- video observation (outdoors)
- postural alignment, relaxation and balance assessment and exercises
- efficient breathing and reduced breathlessness with the Oxygen Advantage technique
- how to cooperate with gravity and ground force to create fluid, efficient forward momentum
- easy transition from walk to run
- how to avoid heavy heel-strike and over-striding
- the importance of the upper body and arm swing
- mind-body connection and whole body integration
- optimal cadence (strides per minute)
- increased speed through ‘free’ energy and relaxation
- pre-run body looseners as preparation for training post run cool down
- a mindful approach to enjoyable running
The Oxygen Advantage Programme
The Oxygen Advantage Breathing Programme has been developed by Patrick McKeown who has worked as a Buteyko breathing practitioner for over 15 years. The technique highlights the fact that learning to breathe through the nose and reducing, rather than increasing the amount of breath you take can have a positive effect on so many areas of your life.
This programme is also suited to 1-2-1 Visual PT sessions.
The Oxygen Advantage training will help
- delay the onset of fatigue and lactic acid
- improve aerobic performance
- improve VO2 max (maximal oxygen uptake)
- Improve delivery of oxygen to organs and working muscles
- reduce breathlessness during physical exercise
- prevent exercise-induced asthma
- maintain fitness during rest or injury
- maintain focus and concentration
Training for an event
If you are training for a specific event or simply want a regular monthly programme to improve form and fitness, we design programmes that integrate Chi Running focusses, The Oxygen Advantage technique and strength and conditioning into sessions. Plus we can provide you with a race-specific training plan including long slow distance runs, race pace, intervals, hills, fartlek (speed play), negative splits and recovery. The emphasis throughout is on technique and gradual process – developing form then distance and finally speed. Ensuring you are physically, mentally and emotionally prepared.
Where we are
Sessions are arranged outdoors or in the studio. Studio-based training sessions are held at:
The Adventures Studio @ One Yoga London
17 Myddelton Road
London N8 7PY
National Rail: Hornsey (plus 7-minute walk)
Tube: Turnpike Lane (plus short 144 bus ride to Myddelton Road stop)
Bus: 144 from Turnpike Lane or Muswell Hill (to Myddelton Road stop)
Car: On street parking (check local signage for weekday restrictions)
The Adventures Studio @ One Yoga London
Adventures in Movement coach Gray Caws. 1-2-1 sessions with Gray focus on a systematic approach to improving lifestyle, making you feel more powerful and confident.
Your programme will include
- structured, realistic goal setting
- postural assessment
- breathing assessment
- range of motion and fitness testing as appropriate
- a bespoke goal-specific aerobic and resistance training programme
- basic nutritional advice
- performance-specific training programmes
1-2-1 coaching packages
Prices start from £50 per session (24 sessions)
Book a 1-hour training slot
If you already have a training package you can book your session online now. If you want to buy a one-off 1-hour training slot (£70) use the button below.
Our programmes are systematically developed following a simple three-step approach
Create space in your life to dedicate to practice. It is important to set time aside for yourself. Find space in mind and body to allow things to happen.
Learn common sense techniques. There will always be a reason why we ask you to do something. Focus on awareness and body sensing.
Keep it simple. New trends and ideas come and go, some work others don’t. Keeping it simple to ensure a common sense approach.
- Fully-qualified REPs Level 4 specialist personal trainer
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- Master Chi Running and Chi Walking Instructor
- Oxygen Advantage Instructor
- Master Kettlebell Instructor
- Premier Certificate in ViPR Training
- Nutritional adviser
- First aider
- Fully insured