Oxygen Advantage & Chi Walking Course
May 5 | 2:00pm – 5:00pm
The cost of £95 covers both days of this course – 5 & 12 May
Improve health and build fitness through efficient movement and breath
We often assume that less than intense exercise is a waste of time. But on the contrary, moderate exercise is excellent for health — and walking is an excellent form of moderate exercise. Walking is simple, natural and can be done alone for solitude or with friends for companionship.
Join Gray Caws over two Saturday afternoons where you’ll discover how the powerful combination of Chi Walking and The Oxygen Advantage breathing method will change your perception of exercise and could possibly change your life!
- An overview of the basic biomechanics of walking
- Foot mobility exercises
- Work on optimal postural alignment, balance and relaxation for efficient, pain-free movement
- Address breathing pattern disorders in everyday life to reduce breathlessness during physical exercise, improve delivery of oxygen to organs and working muscles and help prevent exercise-induced asthma
- Improve concentration, focus and quality of sleep through mindful moving meditation
- Safely improve cardiovascular fitness using steps and hills
- Help maintain fitness during rest or injury
- Outdoor practice on different surfaces and terrain