An introduction to the Oxygen Advantage breathing technique
March 25 | 2:00pm – 4:00pmFree
For health & fitness professionals
The Oxygen Advantage is a scientifically proven breathing method that can lead to better sleep, improved cardiovascular health, increased energy and concentration, decreased stress levels and improved sports performance.
Are you a yoga or Pilates instructor? A personal trainer or athletics coach? Physio or nutritionist? This workshop is aimed at all health professionals who work with clients that breathe!
We’ll look at the psychological and physiological effects of breathing. We’ll look at how improved everyday breathing habits will lead to more efficient oxygenation during exercise. We’ll practice reduced breathing exercises that address issues such as chronic hyperventilation. And explore breath-hold training that provides similar benefits to high altitude or high-intensity interval training without excess stress and strain on the body.
The afternoon covers
- The importance of addressing breathing pattern disorders in every-day life
- The negative effects of over-breathing
- The advantages of nasal breathing during rest and physical exercise
- Exploring the science of measuring and reducing breathlessness
- Breath-hold exercises to simulate high altitude and HIIT training
- How to delay the onset of lactic acid and fatigue
- Improving aerobic and anaerobic training
- Reducing exercise-induced asthma
- Practical relaxation and functional breathing exercises
Check out our Oxygen Advantage page for more information on the method.