- This event has passed.
1/2-day Oxygen Advantage Workshop
March 10 | 2:00pm – 5:30pm£50
Struggling with breathing when exercising? Improve breathing in sports performance by first addressing dysfunctional breathing in everyday life.
Learn exercises that help to maximize oxygen carrying capacity and delivery for aerobic and anaerobic improvement.
This workshop will give you an understanding of how oxygen is released throughout the body and how to improve everyday breathing habits so that body oxygenation becomes more efficient. You’ll learn specially designed exercises that address breathing pattern disorders and provide similar benefits as high altitude or high-intensity interval training without putting excess stress and strain on the body.
Increasing the amount of oxygen that can be delivered to your working muscles and heart during exercise will allow you to become faster, fitter and stronger. The health benefits of reduced breathing include better sleep, improved cardiovascular health, and increased energy and concentration. Addressing breathing pattern disorders will calm breathing volume towards normal levels and improve every facet of your health. Stress levels will decrease substantially and you’ll feel like an entirely different person.
The workshop is open to anyone of any fitness level.
Format of the workshop
- Understanding the advantages of nasal breathing during rest and physical exercise
- Exploring the science of measuring and reducing breathlessness
- Simulate high altitude and HIIT training
- Improve VO2 max and running economy
- Delay the onset of lactic acid and fatigue
- Practical Oxygen Advantage breathing workout
- Practical relaxation and functional breathing
- The mind and sports performance – improving mental focus
- How to improve respiratory muscle strength