with Anjlee Bakrania & Gray Caws
Learn simple drills, exercises and visualisations to encourage optimal running economy, reduce the risk of injury and improve overall health.
This masterclass will look at specific hormonal and biomechanical factors that affect the female runner. You’ll gain an understanding of the functional role of the pelvic core. And look at the importance of balance, mobility, and stability by incorporating Chi Running principles into your training.
The masterclass is open female runners, health professionals, coaches, personal trainers of any fitness level.
Format of the day
- A brief history of women’s running
- Hormonal factors affecting the female runner
- Optimal breathing 24/7
- Exploring postural alignment, relaxation & balance
- Practical relaxation
- The pelvic core and its functional role
- Advice on training programmes geared towards the female runner